Some things are not important and/or baked enough to be proper posts, nor are they journal entries, and then those things go to die. (Or end up in the newsletter, I guess…)
No more. I’m resurrecting the list posts, because if blogs can be back (they never left), then so can list posts. Buzzfeed’s stocks are soaring, I’m sure.
I used to do these Things Enjoyed lists a few years ago. Time sure flies, and now we’re all in quarantine and bored, so this sort of thing feels quite on point again. The concept is simple. I write about five things I’ve enjoyed recently, you read it, and then go about your day.
So, in no particular order, then:
- Bob Dylan isn’t for everyone, but his 17 minute long song Murder Most Foul is something of a masterpiece, or at least a playlist in song form. It’s also his first Billboard number 1, imagine that! Search for it on your favorite music streaming service.
- The mouse support (which, let’s face it, is more of a proper trackpad support because you want the gestures) in iPadOS is awesome and I’m already finding uses for it, but it promises a lot more than it can deliver. Case in point: Web services such as Mailchimp still suck on touchscreens, small scrolling issues and whatnot. But damn, I’m looking forward to proper cursor control for editing manuscripts on the iPad Pro.
- I’ve been watching Downton Abbey with my girlfriend. It’s one of those shows I didn’t have time to give a shot when they were hot. Now there’s a movie, and we needed something to follow up the utterly brilliant City on a Hill, so here we are. And I’m enjoying it for what it is.
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons for Nintendo Switch is a phenomenon. Check out the r/AnimalCrossing reddit, or just read one of the hundreds of stories that’s been published on the topic the past few weeks. It’s a huge success, a savior in today’s batshit-crazy world, and great fun. I prefer it in handheld mode actually.
- Profoto C1 Plus is a fun light if you’re into to photography. I’m finding a lot of uses for it. Now I’m looking to get my hands on some Moment lenses to see if my iPhone 11 Pro has anything on the Fujifilm X-T2…
Check you the Things Enjoyed tag if you want more lists. They’re pretty dated in comparison, but I’m sure I was before my time back then…